PLACEMAKING: It's what we do
The New Geography of Innovation: providing real estate development advisory services for developers, universities and their communities to create vibrant healthy neighborhoods.
Courtesy of Bruce Katz and the Brookings Institution
We take seriously the trust that our clients place in us to foster urban revitalization and to create enduring value for the communities they anchor. In parallel, our focus is helping our clients achieve superior value creation and investment returns.
ACHIEVING CLIENTS’ REAL ESTATE OBJECTIVES
- Thirty-five year track record: creating internationally-recognized tech parks, research facilities, housing, hotels and retail.
- Clients: Harvard, MIT, Johns Hopkins, University of Pennsylvania, Partner’s Heath Care and leading biotech, pharma and tech companies and entrepreneurs.
Collaboration among ALL stakeholders is key
We find inspiration from history and look to the strength of community values to inform our recommendations
We are strategic and “hands on” from inception to implementation
We are rigorous in finding solutions — incorporating transformative thinking and best practices.
Think outside the box and look to the future.
We love what we do and have fun doing it!
OUR PLACEMAKING APPROACH IN A NUTSHELL
Today's hyper-change millennial culture drives how and where we learn, work, play and live. We assist anchor institutions partner with all stakeholders to reimagine neighborhoods: Place 2.0.
Real State Expertise
- University, institutional + tech company real estate partnerships
- Land acquisition and mixed-use campus development + construction
- Developer selection + purchase, sale and ground-leases
- Leasing build-to-suit, tech office, R&D + production facilities
- Zoning, permits + approvals
- Innovation district master planning + visioning
- Sustainable infrastructure + buildings
- Vibrant pedestrian + transit-oriented urban neighborhoods
- University, tech market hotels + conference centers
- Urban residential:
- Mixed-income, workforce, market + luxury product
- Micro, loft, live/work rentals + for sale
- Green/healthy living lifestyle buildings
- Public and private debt + equity capital
- Conventional financing + capital raise
- Funding early-stage company facilities
- Bondable leases
- Government subsidies + incentives programs
- Foundation + donor funding
- EB-5 Transactions – Foreign investment in US real estate
- Project visioning + market analysis
- Development management team selection
- Architect/Engineering /Contractor team selection
- Design, construction + operations of campus infrastructure, open space and buildings
- Specialized tech, research, pharma labs, animal + BL-1 and 2 facilities