Gayle Farris, as a recognized university real estate development advisor, has completed dozens successful university-related real estate development projects valued at over $2 billion. Her work over the last 35 years has become the gold standard for university innovation cluster campuses and state-of-the-art research facilities.
GB Farris Strategies was founded in 2009 to build upon this unique mixed-use urban revitalization, technology visioning and commercialization expertise. The firm is highly creative and skilled in its approach to solving problems and deeply committed to producing results for all stakeholders. Her focus is planning, funding and development of high quality research, high tech, residential and commercial real estate.
Gayle has a long track record of success developing best-in-class tech-anchored, hip mixed-use innovation districts reflecting the entrepreneurial culture that millennials crave. She has deep experience building state-of-the-art facilities for technology industry leaders, Ivy League universities and hospital research labs in the Cambridge, Baltimore, and Philadelphia markets. She is frequently called upon to speak and serve on real estate industry advisory panels and academic symposiums.
Her tech industry affiliations and long-term partnerships with founders, CEOs, VCs, lawyers, senior industry, academic, and research foundation executives across a wide spectrum of engineering, IT, biotech, pharma companies have gained her deep respect. These relationships and the credibility and trust they represent will immediately benefit the financial and market viability and velocity of her clients’ development projects.
- Current ongoing Strategic Real Estate Consultant To Harvard University’s Executive Vice President on Allston Properties.
- Districto Tec Park Real Estate Advisor for Tec de Monterrey’s, Mexico’s Premiere research university.
- ULI Advisory Services panel participant for multiple cities.
- DC Government’s Saint Elizabeth’s East Tech Campus RFP Strategy.
- CORTEX Campus, Saint Louis Institutional Collaboration, Developer Solicitation Strategy.
- Created a comprehensive strategy for novel healthy-living residential, office, and hotel products.
- Implemented tech-licensing, new company incubation, job creation & training programs in Cambridge and Baltimore university anchored tech-industry clusters. Biotech Council & International Board and Boston/ Commonwealth Government Economic Development Agencies to foster tech-industry facilities funding, incentives & tech-industry promotion.
ADVISORY BOARDS, ACADEMIC AND INDUSTRY AFFILIATIONS
- Research affiliate MIT School of Architecture and Planning New Century Cities initiative.
- Member of ULI and University Anchors Council.
- Harvard Real Estate Alumni Real Estate Advisory Board.
- MIT Center for Real Estate.
- Past Chairman and President, National Association Industrial & Office Properties, Massachusetts Chapter.
- Harvard GSD and MIT Center for Real Estate guest lecturer.
- Frequent industry speaker on university tech clusters & urban placemaking.
- Member of CREW and WX, Boston and NYC women real estate leaders organizations.
Gayle Farris created a new paradigm-setting, innovation campus asset-class, partnering with MIT, Johns Hopkins, University of Pennsylvania and other major institutions. These projects established the national standard for state-of-the-art buildings supporting entrepreneurial culture and intensive technology, biotech/pharma uses anchoring revitalized 24/7 urban neighborhoods.